Great opportunity for recent grads and graduating seniors (Dec 2021) to intern with United States Strategic Command in Omaha NE. Read below for job description and qualifications.
The U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) located at Offutt Air Force Base, NE is seeking recent college graduates (May/August 2021 graduates) and graduating seniors (December 2021 graduates) from accredited colleges or universities to be trained in STEM positions (math, operations, engineering, science) in the prestigious PALACE Acquire (PAQ) Internship Program, a post-grad internship program that essentially is a full-time job part of a 3-year program (full-time competitive salary and benefits, and the program would allow candidates to obtain a Master’s Degree paid for by the Government and an opportunity to enter federal service afterward as part of the team here at USSTRATCOM afterward). Candidates will learn from some of the very best, working shoulder to shoulder with Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) Managers who help connect resources to mission priorities and provide vital decision-making support to the Air Force and their mission in air, space, and cyberspace.
This is an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and apply innovative solutions on challenging and rewarding projects. As a PAQ intern, candidates will gain real-world experience. See attached Palace Acquire Intern Summary sheet for more information. Please feel free to share this with appropriate STEM related graduates and students that are actively searching for employment.
QUALIFICATIONS & ELIGIBILITY:
• U.S. citizenship required
• Recent college graduates, graduating seniors, or those completing advanced degrees from an accredited college or university
• BS in Operations Research, Math, Statistics, or other STEM-related fields
• GPA 2.95 or above
• Ability to obtain Security Clearance (funded by USAF)
FULL-TIME PALACE ACQUIRE (PAQ) INTERN PROGRAM:
• A formal 3 year training and career development track
• Real-world projects and missions
• Mentoring provided by Senior Operations Research Analysts
• Opportunities to lead projects
• Annual performance-based promotions
• Placement into a permanent AFCS position as a professional-level Operations Research Analyst once the PAQ program is successfully completed
A FULL-TIME OFFER INCLUDES FEDERAL BENEFITS AS WELL AS THESE INCENTIVES:
• Recruitment Bonus for selected positions
• Student Loan Repayment
• Paid move to employment location (Offutt AFB, NE)
• 100% Tuition Assistance toward a graduate degree while in the PAQ Program
Outside of this program for undergraduates, they are also targeting a graduate student in Math or Ops Research programs for a full-time position in a similar role. This individual would be able to enter directly into the Federal Workforce under the Department of the Air Force, with a starting salary in the high $90s, a top secret clearance, and opportunity for growth. This position is open now.
Both positions are in Omaha at Offutt Air Force Base. Since this is a unique civilian hire opportunity, candidates do not need to apply through the USAjobs.gov site and can apply directly via email with a cover letter and resume to this main point of contact:
Rachel A Long, GS-14, DAF
Deputy Chief, War Plan Evaluation Division
U.S. Strategic Command, J59